Korean Beef Bowl
This bowl is inspired by all the best flavors you find in Korean beef.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Course: Bowl, dinner, Lunch
Cuisine: Healthy, Korean
Keyword: bowl, Korean beef, Korean-inspired, macro-friendly
For the Korean Beef (Serves 8, 124 g portions)
- 2 lb 93/7 ground beef (908 g)
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Bell pepper, chopped (454 g)
- 2 Tbsp Minced ginger, or 8 frozen cubes
- 3 MInced garlic cloves, or 3 frozen cubes
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce (30 g)
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar (30 g)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil (15 g)
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce (if you hate it, just skip it; 15 g)
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar (15 g)
- 1 Tbsp Gojuchang or sriracha sauce (15 g)
- 1 cup Green onions, chopped (60 g)
For the Bowl (serves 1)
- 1 cup Mixed greens and/or cabbage
- 1/2 cup Cooked brown or white rice (75 g)
- 3 1/2 oz prepared Korean Inspired Beef (recipe above) (100 g)
- 1/4 cup Persian cucumber, thinly sliced (50 g)
- 1 Carrot, thinly sliced using a peeler (30 g)
- 1/4 Avocado, sliced (25 g)
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Tbsp Green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Optional: Sriracha, jalapeños, sesame seeds
Heat a large skillet over high heat with a spritz of oil. Add beef to the pan, breaking it up a bit, and then let it sit without stirring for a couple of minutes to let it brown on the bottom. Sprinkle it with salt and a little pepper.
Add chopped bell pepper to the pan, and break up the meat some more, letting the meat and peppers cook for about 3-4 minutes while you make your sauce.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, and gojuchang sauce. Pour it over the meat and bell peppers, combining well.
Stir in your chopped green onions. Cook for one more minute before turning off the heat.
To Build the Bowl
Start with greens in the bottom of your bowl.
Add your cooked rice, and top with the warm beef mixture.
Add your sliced cucumbers, carrots, and avocado.
Fry an egg, leaving the yolk nice and runny, and add it atop your beef.
Finish with a sprinkle of green onions, cilantro, and any optional sriracha, jalapeños, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Search: Lillie Eats and Tells Korean Beef Bowl
- Nutrition for beef alone is: 8 servings, 124 g each; 220 cal, 10 fat, 5.6 carbs, 24.1 protein, 1.2 fiber
- Search: Lillie Eats and Tells Korean Inspired Beef
Fiber: 5.2g | Calories: 440kcal | Fat: 17.7g | Protein: 31.5g | Carbohydrates: 40g