Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Chicken Tenders
An easy quick marinade for juicy chicken tenderloins, a little smokey and spiced with chili, cumin, garlic… but fresh and zesty from the lime and cilantro. Can’t go wrong. But if you hate cilantro, use fresh parsley!
Prep Time22 hours hrs 30 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Keyword: air fryer, chicken, cilantro, lime, marinade
Servings: 10 servings
- 2.5 lbs chicken tenderloins 1104 g
- ¼ cup lime juice 60 g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 g
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 g
- ¼ cup cilantro minced (20 g)
- 5 frozen cubes garlic or fresh cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Trim your tenderloins of any obvious tendon or weird stuff, and place them in a large resealable bag.
Combine the rest of the ingredients to make the marinade. Pour it over the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. If it’s just 30, I like to leave them on the counter so they’re at room temp for cooking. If they marinate longer, pull them out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before cooking.
Pre-heat air fryer to 400° for 2-3 minutes. Just before cooking, sprinkle chicken with a good pinch of kosher salt and a few cracks of pepper. Spray the air fryer basket with a mist of olive oil and place tenderloins in a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes or to an internal temp of 165°. You can also grill at medium high heat for just 2-3 minutes per side.
Use in tacos, salads, wraps, sandwiches, and bowls ALL WEEK!
- If you want to use breasts, lower temp to 360° and cook for 18 minutes, FLIPPING halfway through. Remove, tent with foil, and let them rest for five minutes before cutting.
- If you end up with 2 or 3 pounds of chicken, use it! Your macros for 104 grams will be essentially the same. The tiny variance in the marinade is negligible.
- MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Chicken Tenders
Serving: 104g | Calories: 130kcal | Fat: 1.9g | Protein: 25.4g | Carbohydrates: 2.2g