Smashed Potatoes with creamy chimichurri
The perfect side to all of your grilled meats!
For the potatoes:
- 1.5 lb small baby potatoes red are great. Yukon gold or other are great too
- 1/2 tbs olive oil or 7 g olive oil spray you can just spray and call it good, or place pan on scale, zero it out, and spray potatoes until your scale reaches 7 grams.
- Salt and pepper
For the creamy chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh cilantro If you hate cilantro, use any combo of herbs you love, basil, parsley, mint, oregano... even arugula or kale can work.
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic frozen dorot cubes
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs non-fat greek yogurt
Preheat the oven to 425.
Boil the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes in a medium saucepan until fork tender. Add a good pinch of salt to the water after it comes to a boil.
Drain the tender potatoes and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Smash with a heavy cup till they crack and spread but don't fall apart.
Spray smashed potatoes with a mist of olive oil spray (about 1/2 tbs or 7 g) and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes or until crispy and delish.
To make the creamy chimichurri, place all ingredients up to the yogurt in a small food processor or blender. Pulse and blend until mostly smooth.(I like a little texture from the herbs remaining.) Pour in a small bowl and whisk in the greek yogurt. (This is where you can split the chimi and add extra olive oil to half and the greek yogurt to the other, if some in your family want a more classic oily version.
Drizzle 1/4 cup (60 g) creamy chimichurri over crispy smashed potatoes and serve immediately! Use extra to add as needed or to drizzle over all of your grilled meats. When I have this on hand, I want it on EVERYTHING. SO GOOD.
- 1/4 cup of the creamy chimichurri is included in the macros below. To log, search My Fitness Pal for "Lillie Eats and Tells Smashed Potatoes with creamy chimichurri". OR- you can search and log the individual options of "Lillie Eats and Tells Smashed potatoes" and "Lillie Eats and Tells Creamy chimichurri".
Serving: 100gCalories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 28.3gProtein: 3gFat: 2.1gSaturated Fat: 0.3gFiber: 3.5g