Sweet Chili Glazed Cilantro Grilled Chicken
The cilantro and sweet chili sauce is one of my favorite combinations! Just a few ingredients, this chicken is so fresh and vibrant and EASY.
- 2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breast or tenderloins I always use tenderloins
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil more up to 1/4 cup if you're not watching fat!
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or white balsamic, or lemon juice or a combo!- not needed if you do 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- Most of a bunch of cilantro save a little for garnish
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- About 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce for basting
Add olive oil, vinegar and/or lemon juice, garlic and cilantro in a food processor and pulverize. If it's too thick, add a little more vinegar or lemon juice. Pour the marinade into a bowl with the chicken, add salt and pepper and marinate over night if possible. But whatever time you have will do!
Remove chicken from the refrigerator about an hour before you grill to try and bring it to room temp (I always try and grill my meat close to room temp. It'll be fine if you forget- just helps it cook more evenly and turn out more tender.)
Preheat the grill to medium-hight heat for tenderloins (medium for breasts) and spray with cooking spray.
Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Brush chili sauce on chicken for the last minute of cooking to create a nice glaze.*
- For logging, I just chose to log my basic grilled chicken that I already had as a recipe in My Fitness Pal, a little cilantro, and my portion of chili sauce and olive oil separately for this. I measured some chili sauce into a bowl for the whole batch, and measured what was left of it after brushing it on all the chicken. That told me how much I'd used. I then took that amount and divided amongst the number of tenderloins. Also divided the 1 tbs of oil. I had two tenderloins and logged accordingly!
Serving: 113grams (4 oz) GRILLED chickenCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 2.4gProtein: 34gFat: 3.3g