Sourdough Egg Toast with Sriracha and Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Fried egg on toast for grown ups!
- 42 gram slice of sourdough bread
- 1 fried egg plus 2 additional whites fried separately
- A handful of arugula
- 1 piece of bacon
- 1 tbs Trader Joes Roasted Red Pepper and quinoa spread
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- A pinch of green onions
- A pinch of cilantro
Top your sourdough toast with red pepper spread, bacon, egg whites, then runny egg. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions and finish with a drizzle of sriracha and a few red pepper flakes.
- I love an uncut loaf of bread because you can slice it as thin as you’d like giving you a little more control over the carbs.
- Sriracha is such a great condiment, adding so much flavor for just a couple of carbs.
- Scrambling eggs with one whole egg doesn't always do it for me. They still taste too much like egg whites that it’s not always even worth the added fat to me. But done like this, I don’t miss anything. You get all the goodness of that luscious yolk but your food is stretched farther and your protein higher with the extra whites.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Sodium: 687mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 2g