Farro and Sweet Potato Salad with Blackened Salmon
There is just something about the combination of all of these healthy carbs in one bowl! The sweet potato and chewy farro... fresh pop of corn and tomato all in this super light creamy jalapeno avocado dressing that I could DRINK. SO good.
- Big handful of arugula 60 g
- 1/4 of a medium sweet potato baked (or microwaved if in a hurry!) and chopped (75 g of the baked potato)
- About 1/2 cup farro cooked according to package (75g cooked)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes halved (40 g)
- 1/4 avocado diced (28 g)
- Small handful of corn off the cob 30 g
- 2 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 2.5 oz our favorite blackened salmon- or your favorite salmon! 75 g
- 4 tbs Creamy Jalapeño Avocado dressing 60 g- this is currently my favorite macro-magical sauce for EVERYTHING.
Pile arugula in a large bowl
Top with chopped sweet potato, farro, tomatoes, avocado, corn, basil, salmon... and finally the dressing.
Toss and enjoy!
- This is a little higher in carbs and lower in protein than most of my meals. I got hooked on it while I was trying out a new program (FASTER way to fat loss) and focusing on lots of healthy carbs with a lower protein ratio. I've since increased my protein, but this salad was so perfect to me just like this, so I refuse to mess with it! Happy to use extra protein elsewhere if I have it, and still get to use my calories for all of these healthy carbs combined. There's something magical about the sweet potato, corn, and farro all at once... tossed in this creamy dressing. SO GOOD.
- The macros below INCLUDE the salmon... just as photographed. But when you search for it in MFP to log, you can search for "Lillie Eats and Tells Farro and Sweet Potato Salad" and then separately search and log your "Lillie Eats and Tells Blackened Salmon". That should make it easier for you to control your protein amount if you like, or choose a different style of salmon with different macros etc.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.7g | Protein: 27.1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Fiber: 9.7g | Sugar: 10g