Quick and Light Crispy Carnitas Tostada Pizza
For those days you don't want a sandwich for lunch but still only have ten minutes! And some leftover carnitas of course.
- 1 Joseph's Pita You can find them at most Walmarts now, and always on Amazon.
- 1 tbs 15 g Trader Joes Chipotle Black Bean Dip (Or sub 1 tbs refried beans mixed with 1 tbs favorite jarred salsa- the macros will be close enough!)
- 10 g Shy of a tbs Trader Joe's Light shredded three cheese blend
- 60 g leftover instant pot or slow cooker carnitas you can use it straight out of instant pot or quickly pan-fry it to make it crispy
- Big handful of finely chopped romain or iceberg lettuce
- 25 g pico I quickly whip up my own but whatever you like will do! The macros are all so so close.
- 15 grams sliced avocado or 1 tbs guacamole
- 1 tbs 15 g fat free sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tsp 5 g Cotija cheese (If you can't find cotija- oddly, feta is a good alternative.)
- 1 tbs 15 g homemade skinny cilantro lime ranch (or Bolthouse cilantro avocado in a pinch. Still great numbers and a solid bottled dressing.)
Heat oven to 425
Spread black bean dip on the pita
Top with shredded cheese and carnitas
Spray with a mist of cooking or olive oil spray and and sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake on a pizza pan, or cookie sheet for 5-8 minutes until edges are browned and crispy.
Top with lettuce, pico, avo, sour cream, cotija, and dressing.
And maybe eat two because IT'S SO LIGHT.
- I know that not everyone is able to get specific brands, but these are the brands I used for these specific macros. For the most part, the macros will be the same if you find any light shredded cheese blend when we're working with this small amount.
- If you track your macros, of course you can log everything individually to have it perfect if your brands are different. Or you can call it good and search "lillie eats and tells carnitas tostada pizza" In My Fitness Pal and log one straight from there!
Serving: 1carnitas pizza | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.8g | Protein: 26.3g | Fat: 8.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Fiber: 6.3g