Oil Free Basil and Parsley Pesto
Oh I love a good sauce with my protein! And this is one of my new faves!
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 cup herbs of choice- I used half basil half parsley
- 3 tbs non fat greek yogurt
- 3 tbs orange flavored vinegar I used and am loving the Orange Muscat vinegar from Trader Joes. Any sweet fruity vinegar would be delicious, but really any vinegar will work just fine. This just give it a sweet hint.
- 20 g toasted pine nuts I find these to a great price at Trader Joes
- 1 clove garlic or frozen dorot cube
- sprinkle of salt pepper, and pinch of red pepper flakes
Pulse everything in a small food processor until it's your desired pesto consistency.
Serve on the side of chicken or fish, or on a sandwich! I love them with these Moroccan chicken skewers!
Serving: 30g | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.9g | Protein: 2.1g | Fat: 2.9g