Waldorf Chicken Salad
Try this macro-friendly take on the traditional Waldorf chicken salad.
Servings: 5 servings
For the Salad
- 3 cups Shredded or chopped chicken breast (454 g)
- 1 large Apple, diced (210 g)
- 8 Stalks of celery, chopped (208 g)
- 1/4 Red onion, diced small (50 g)
- 1 cup Fresh parsley, chopped (30 g)
- 1/4 cup Toasted pecans, chopped (30 g)
For the Dressing
- 3 Tbsp Nonfat Greek yogurt or dairy-free sour cream/yogurt (45 g)
- 3 Tbsp Lite mayo (45 g)
- 2 Tbsp Clear balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar- I love lemon infused by Baker and Olive (30 g)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon (30 g)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over the top. Toss well!
Enjoy immediately or stash in the fridge for your week’s meal prep. We love this with crackers, on rice cakes, in lettuce wraps, or tossed in a bowl with finely chopped kale for a big green salad! Just drizzle a little olive oil, or additional lemon or good vinegar and give it a good toss!
Chicken: You can use any cooked chicken breasts. In a pinch, I love to use the package of rotisserie breast meat from Costco. You just have to take a minute to pick thru it and get it nice and shredded or chopped to your liking!
Where are the grapes? I skipped them because I wanted this to be great for meal-prep and I don’t love when they sit and get too squishy. But feel free to add some! Swapping some in for some of the apples will keep the macros essentially the same.
Mayo: I’m using avocado mayo labeled 5 fat/Tbsp.
GF/DF: This is naturally gluten free, just make sure and use the dairy-free sour cream or yogurt option. Macro difference is nearly negligible if using non-fat Greek yogurt or my favorite Forager dairy-free sour cream.
Search: Lillie Eats and Tells Waldorf Chicken Salad
Serving: 224g | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 25.7g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 2.6g