Cilantro Tomatillo Ranch
Drizzle this cilantro tomatillo ranch on salads, bowls, or even tacos!
- 1 cup Chives, loosely packed (20 g)
- 1 bunch Cilantro, thick stems removed (30 g)
- 1 Tomatillo (30 g)
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeds removed (20 g)
- 3/4 cup Forager plant based sour cream (OR sub plain yogurt, or light mayo; 175 g)
- 2-3 Tbsp Juice from a lemon (40 g)
- 1 Tbsp Clear balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar (15 g)
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (or sub parmesan or cotija cheese; 10 g)
- 1 Frozen cube garlic or minced clove (or ½- 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
Using a food processor or high-speed blender, pureé everything until smooth. Use on salads, tacos, bowls etc! Store in the fridge for at least a week!
This recipe is written to be dairy-free, but you can definitely use yogurt, mayo, and/or real cheese as referenced above! Macros will hardly change making it pretty negligible unless you use a full-fat mayo etc.
Since I’m currently eating a low FODMAP diet, I’ve made this without the onion powder, and using a low FODMAP garlic swap and it was still delicious!
MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Cilantro Tomatillo Ranch
Serving: 34g | Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.1g | Protein: 0.7g | Fat: 1.2g | Fiber: 0.4g