Fried Egg BLT
Enjoy this macro-friendly fried egg BLT any time of the day or mutliple times a day. You chose!
- 2 thin slices Schar gluten-free rustic sourdough bread* (75 g)
- Spritz of olive oil spray (2-3 g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Calabrian chili mayo (20 g) recipe linked
- 2 slices Deli ham (28 g)
- 2 slices Bacon, cooked (We love Costco precooked for ease!)
- Thick sliced tomato, seasoned with salt and pepper (75-100 g)
- 1 Egg, fried and runny
- 1 Tbsp Sweet bell peppers, chopped (10 g)
- 1 Tbsp Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
If using unsliced bread, carefully slice to thin slices. Toast in a pan with a spritz of olive oil spray on each side, until toasty.
Spread toasted bread with Calabrian chili mayo, and top with ham, bacon, thick sliced tomato seasoned with salt and pepper, and a fried egg. Top with chopped bell peppers, basil leaves, green onions, and arugula. Enjoy!
GF/DF: YES! As long as you stick to gluten-free bread. My FAVORITE for this is the rustic sourdough loaf by Schar that I find at my local Sprouts. I love it because I can slice it from the bottom up to get nice huge slices, while keeping them super thin. Maximum sandwich size without using more carbs than I want.
Want to bring fats down? Use one slice of bacon and swap your fried egg for egg whites. Want to bring protein up? More fried egg whites or extra ham will do the trick.
Tomatoes can make or break a sandwich in my opinion! If they’re beautiful and sweet, the thicker the better! If they’re nothing special, I’ll leave them thinner and maybe even marinate in balsamic vinegar for a few minutes to give them some life.
Don’t sleep on the fresh basil. xo
MFP: Lillie Eats and Tells Fried Egg BLT
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 7g