Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Whipped Herb Feta
A delicious blackened chicken sandwich on a brioche bun, paired with whipped herbed feta and romesco sauce
For the Blackened Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Brioche hamburger bun*
- 3.5 oz Blackened chicken 100 g
- A few slices of tomato 40 g
- A pinch of pickled onion sliced red onion will work (15 g)
- A few slices of cucumber 25 g
- Pinch of pepperoncinis or jarred mild banana peppers 15 g
- Bib/butter lettuce
- 2 Tbsp Whipped herbed feta recipe below (30 g)
- 2 Tbsp Romesco sauce store bought will also work! (30 g)
For the Whipped Herbed Feta (8 Servings)
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt 85 g
- ¼ cup ⅓ less fat cream-cheese 62 g
- ½ cup Crumbled reduced fat feta 56 g
- Handful of basil chopped (7 g)
- 1 clove Garlic or frozen cube
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped (3 g)
- 2 tbsp Green onion or chives 12 g
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon 15 g juice
- 1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar 15 g
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Spray your bun with a mist of olive oil spray and toast face down in a pan over medium heat until golden brown. If using leftover blackened chicken, reheat in an air fryer for just a minute or the microwave at half power for 30 seconds. Repeat that process until JUST barely warm. Don’t recook!
Using a small food-processor, blend or pulse all of the ingredients for the whipped feta until smooth. Spread a couple of tablespoons on the bottom bun and top with cucumbers, tomatoes, warmed chicken, pickled onions, pepperoncinis, and lettuce. Spread romesco on the top bun, close your sandwich, and ENJOY.
**Macros for the Whipped Herb Feta: 8 servings, 31 g each (2 Tbsp), 36 cal, 1c, 2f, 3p, 0 fiber
MFP for the Whipped Herb Feta search: Lillie Eats and Tells Whipped Herb Feta
- For the brioche bun: I use St Pierre brand, or something similar at about 3 fat, 26 carbs.
- If you're using My Fitness Pal, search: "Lille Eats and Tells Blackened Chicken Sandwich with Whipped Herb Feta"
Serving: 1Sandwich | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.2g | Protein: 36.1g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 2.7g