Turkey Peach Basil Panini with Brie
So yummy and fresh and sweet and spicy and savory.... oh I love a good panini. And that they can be lightened up and still be so good!
- 50 grams of a Bolillo roll-- or any sandwich roll the bigger and airer the better! my whole roll weighed 93 grams. Carefully, I sliced it into four thin slices horizontally (maybe 3.5 💁🏼) and combined two that came to 50 g. All the panini, half the carbs. 👌🏻
- 90 g favorite turkey or chicken (boars head golden classic chicken is my favorite deli meat
- 25 g of Brie
- 1 slice bacon Costco precooked is a staple in our home. Surprisingly good and so easy. Macros hardly different than turkey bacon so I'm real bacon all the way.
- 25 g thinly sliced peaches
- Ribboned fresh basil
- Handful of arugula
- 15 g thinly sliced red onion
- 15 g 1tbs fat free chipotle "mayo"
For "mayo": Mix fat-free sour cream with canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce- chop or blend peppers first.... about a tbs with about 1/4 cup sour cream or light mayo- can't really mess this up. Just DO IT. And leave a container in your fridge and put it on everything like I do.
Top a piece of the bread with sliced Brie, turkey, bacon, peaches, basil, red onion, and arugula.
Spread chipotle "mayo" on the other side and place on top.
Spray each side of sandwich with olive oil spray and cook on medium pressing a little with your spatula till golden and melty and sweet and spicy and crispy and amazing and done.
Serving: 1panini as described above | Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 12g