Weekly Bulk Apple Cider Dijon Grilled Chicken
Once a week I grill a ton and it goes in and on everything! A simple, basic, must.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 10-12
- 1 whole bag of Costco frozen chicken tenderloins (6 lb) – I just really prefer tenderloins to breasts. They cook up so fast and so much more tender for me.. never weird and tough like breasts sometimes do.
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (If I’m out I’ll use white balsamic)
- 2 tbs grainy mustard
- 1 tsp honey (7 g)
- 8 cloves garlic (I use frozen dorot cubes– SO MUCH easier and no flavor loss in my opinion)
- 1-1.5 tbs KOSHER salt (I do 1.5 but always get nervous that I like more salt than most)
- 1/2 tbs pepper
*Sometime I like to add some herbs I have on hand or extra honey or fresh citrus. But this is our basic weekly, go-in-anything chicken.
- Thaw tenderloins and trim fat and weird strings and tendony stuff- ew. Pat dry and place in large ziplock.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken. Close bag and work the marinade so it spreads around. Let marinate anywhere from an hour to overnight. Longer marinade = more flavor of course!
- Preheat grill to medium high (I usually err on the hotter side)
- Spray grill with cooking spray (carefully since it will make the flame go wild for a second)
- Sprinkle a little more kosher salt over chicken and grill for just 2-3 minutes per side. I make sure and get nice dark marks on the first side and can always pull off early on the flip side if needed. At least that way you know you’ll guarantee some nice color.
LOGGING SHORTCUT: If you don’t want to do your own recipe and trust my calculations, in my experience this should be accurate:
- Scan the barcode from the bag of chicken for your diary, but log 1.47 TIMES what you actually take. This will account for the shrinkage that happens while grilling. So if you put 120 grams of grilled chicken in your salad, but you’re logging the raw chicken you scanned in, log 1.47 TIMES that amount, or 120×1.47 which is 176 grams. If you had weighed your chicken raw and then grilled it, this is the portion you would have started with to end up with 120 grams grilled. Since I skipped the oil, I don’t bother logging any of the marinade ingredients. They’re so negligible spread amongst that much chicken.
- Serving Size: 113 grams
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 1.5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 33.8