Two Ingredient skinny Chipotle Creme
My favorite macro-friendly “condiment” by FAR! Smokey (even though I used to think I didn’t like smokey), spicy (only as sfpicy as you want) and creamy. Wakes up just about everything.
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Total Time: 2 min
- 1 cup fat free sour cream (or light sour cream, mayo, or greek yogurt.*)
- 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tbs sauce (from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (found at most grocery stores near the green chilis and enchilada sauce etc. I prefer this Embasa brand but otherwise just check the nutrition facts, some are surprisingly higher in carbs. No deal-breakers but still…)
- Spoon 1 cup sour cream into a small food processor, or blender jar.
- Add about 2 chipotle peppers plus 1 tbs of the sauce (depending on how much heat you like) to the sour cream and blend or process… all done!
- You can just do a quick fine chop of your peppers and then stir them in yourself if you hate dirtying the big appliances. I do that when I’m in a pinch and realize I’m out when I’m in the middle of building my sandwich!
- *(I prefer the sour cream because I usually run out of protein a the end of a day and am not looking to add any from the greek yogurt… and I prefer the consistency. But all of them work! If you use lite sour cream because it’s hard to find fat free… I would just log the lite sour cream – the addition of the peppers changes the macros so little.)
- Sometimes I add a little lime juice (like Bobby Flay in his chipotle mayo) and a pinch of salt… particularly when I’m using it for tacos. But since I make so much at a time, I keep it in my fridge with just the two ingredients because I think the lime juice makes it turn bad faster.)
I always make double this since we eat so much. I blend a WHOLE container of sour cream with 4-5 peppers and a couple of tbs of sauce, and then pour it back in the sour cream container to scare anyone who comes over and opens it expecting it to be white.
- Serving Size: 30 grams or about 2 tbs
- Calories: 28
- Fat: 0.3
- Carbohydrates: 4.5
- Protein: 1.7