Mexican Street Corn Salsa
Such an easy addition to whip up for tacos or tostadas or anything Mexican!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Sides
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 ears of corn (360 g)
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion (50 g)
- 1 tbs (15 g) chipotle cream (if you don’t have this on hand, you could just substitute 1 tbs of fat free sour cream or low fat mayo… plus additional chili powder to taste. But you won’t regret keeping it on hand for just about EVERYTHING.)
- 1 tbs (15 g) cotija (can sub feta or parmesan if you don’t have it.)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning (or regular chili powder) (the truth is I just sprinkle both of these on until it tastes good.
- A good pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- Cook corn however you prefer- I love to just microwave it in the husks– 2-3 cobs at a time for about 4 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes, then husk and slice corn off the cob. Grilling would be delicious if you’re up to the task!
- In a bowl, combine corn, red onion, chipotle cream, cotija (maybe save a little to sprinkle on top at the end), juice from one whole lime, cilantro, garlic powder, chili lime seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Top with any extra cotija and cilantro for garnish and serve on top of tostadas, tacos, nachos etc! Or even over greens as a salad… it would be amazing with this cilantro lime ranch.
For easy logging, follow the gram measurements in my recipe and search “Lillie Eats and Tells Mexican Street Corn Salsa” to find it in My Fitness Pal!
- Serving Size: 75 g
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 1.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 11.8
- Protein: 2.5
Keywords: Mexican Street Corn Salsa