There’s really a special place in my heart for a big hearty burrito. It’s one of those things I NEVER order at a restaurant or taco shop because they just seems so massive and DANGEROUS. Because you know I’ll eat the whole thing. And I never even used to make them at home! Just seemed like tacos were the daintier choice. I don’t know. So annoying. But it just scratches an itch that nothing else does right? Something about the weight of it in your hands.
Maybe just me. I’m into it. Obviously. Like I’m getting so hungry for a burrito as a type this.
So sometimes we really go for it and get the legit, giant, flour tortillas like this one. The macros for this burrito, (above and below) came to 67.9c/19.5f/55.5p and 671 carbs. Doable… and worth it sometimes! But I don’t always want to spend that many carbs at dinner.
Enter– as always— the Joseph’s Lavash bread. It’s nice and big so I can still have that quantity-matters attitude I just can’t shake. Look at this guy.
And stuffed full of spicy fajita chicken and veggies and all the good fixings– it’s amazing! I almost want to say you won’t miss the tortilla— but I don’t want you thinking I don’t appreciate a real tortilla. But this is legit good. And you certainly won’t miss the carbs. And if you’ve got plenty to spare… feel free to stuff some beans or rice in there if you’re into that! I’ve always been more of a double chicken and extra avocado kinda girl.
It’s ALL about grilling it in a pan after you carefully roll it so it’ll seal up the seam and any accidental tears or potential tears. AND it crisps the lavash and makes it taste tens times better. Oh and it’s also all about the light cilantro lime ranch and chipotle cream sauces– please tell me you already have them in your fridge… Or just whip them up so you can make everything light taste NOT-LIGHT even though they’ll still be light. Magic.
Also it’s all about a big handful of cilantro tucked in there. Just trust me.
Lower Carb Lavash Fajita Burrito
For one Lavash Fajita Burrito
- 1 Joseph’s Lavash Wrap
- 100 grams grilled fajita chicken *recipe below but basic grilled chicken will work too!
- 60 grams grilled peppers and onion* Recipe below
- 50 grams avocado
- 20 grams lightened up cilantro lime ranch
- 20 grams skinny chipotle cream
- 7 g cotija cheese
- 80 grams pico de gallo I just make a quick homemade, Our Best Bites has a great one to reference*
- Handful of cilantro if you love it like me!
For the Chicken: (0c/3.5f/29.9p for 100 grams)
Mix everything together for marinade and combine with thawed and trimmed chicken in a bowl or large ziplock. Spray grill, (my preferred method) grill pan, or heavy bottom skillet with cooking spray and cook over medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Let rest before slicing.
OR- slice thin before marinating. Then cook over high heat in a heavy bottom skillet in batches. Don’t toss around. Lay one layer in sprayed pan till that side browns, then flip. Just 1-2 minutes per side. This is my favorite way for fajita chicken.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 3-4 tbs fresh squeezed lime
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the peppers and onions: (7.5c/0f/0.5p for 60 g)
Saute in a pan over high heat (medium high is what I should say but… I do pretty high!) for about 5-10 minutes with cooking spray until tender/crisp or desired consistency.
- 2 bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 onion I usually use white or yellow but red works too, sliced thin
- olive oil spray a good sprinkle of kosher salt, and pepper
- Lay out lavash and build a line of your ingredients down the middle leaving room on the ends to fold like a burrito.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium/hight heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- After adding everything to the lavash, gently fold ends in and roll burrito, careful not to rip it. If it rips a little, don’t fret. We’ll heal it when we cook it!
- Immediately place it seam-side down on the hot pan to crisp up and seal the bottom. If the top ripped at all, it will mend when you flip and cook that side. Just be gentle!
- Drizzle with extra dressing if you’re into that. Clearly I am.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @LillieEatsAndTells on Instagram with #LillieEatsandTells! We’d love to see your creations!
So so good!! Made the sauces and the chicken as instructed, flavors were perfect. So filling but so healthy, husband loved it. Thank you for your awesome recipes!! Making me look good in the kitchen.