Lightened up BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Everyone in my family loves these and will choose them in a line-up. They’re so surprisingly light and with the instant pot they’re so fast! Can’t go wrong.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 brioche bun
- 100 g barbecue pork (recipe below)
- 80 g cilantro lime apple slaw (recipe below)
- 2.5 tbs Stubbs barbecue sauce (because it’s lowest in carbs) or your favorite homemade*
*Our favorite super simple (non-low carb!) homemade bbq sauce: I don’t always want to spend the carbs on all this sugar but sometimes I just– do!
- Whisk together 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1-2 tbs liquid smoke and microwave for a minute or bring to a light boil on the stove.
For the sandwich
- Spray the inside of the buns with cooking spray and pan-toast on a skillet
- Immediately top with shredded pork, bbq sauce, and cilantro lime apple slaw. Enjoy!! And then probably do it again because these boys are pretty darn light.
- Serving Size: 1 brioche bun with 100 grams of pork and 80 grams slaw and 2.5 Tbs Stubbs
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Protein: 26