Grilled Chicken and Veggie Rainbow Bowl
- Brown rice (Trader Joes frozen is a staple over here) (50 g)
- Cauliflower rice (frozen just so you don’t keep buying it and letting it rot like I used to.) (200 g)
- Simple or favorite grilled chicken I usually just do my basic grilled chicken (100 g)
- Grilled zucchini (45 g)
- Grilled onions (yellow squash and bell peppers are also good additions) (28 g)
- Cherry tomatoes (50 g)
- Avocado (30 g)
- Reduced Fat Blue Cheese (10 g)
- Toasted walnuts (5 g) -more if you’ve got room for the fat!
- I sautéed 200 grams of cauliflower rice with some green onions, cilantro, a frozen cube of garlic and some S/P. You could just steam it—that works too. (If you’re lazy like that.)
- Slice zucchini long ways into thick ribbons or spears for easy grilling.
- Slice onions in big rings trying to keep together.
- Spray both with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt/pepper and grill for a couple of minutes per side or until they’ve got good grill marks and have softened. Maybe longer for onions.
- Chop veggies after grilled
- Mix cauliflower and brown rice in bowl (I did 200g and 50g… if I had carbs I’d do all brown! Obviously if you don’t have enough carbs do just cauli… but chewy rice is of course amazing.)
- Top with chopped grilled chicken, veggies, tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese (this sounds so out of place but I’m telling you if you EVER like blue cheese this is what MAKES THIS DISH! Such a weird amazing combo), and toasted walnuts (my fat only had room for a tiny amount, but it was still worth it. There is something about the rice, blue cheese, and walnut combo- I’m obsessed.)
- You can eat it straight or with a squeeze of lime, or a drizzle of a yummy dressing like this super light AMAZING creamy cilantro ranch.
- Serving Size: This bowl as described above
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 11.8
- Carbohydrates: 38.1
- Protein: 36.4